It is 10:58 pm on Thanksgiving Eve . . .
As I write, Emma is under my desk snoring away.
The turkey is cooling before I put it into the fridge for tomorrow. (Yes, I roasted it today).
The kids are all in bed except Katelyn. She and I will head to bed soon. It has been a FULL day.
I have so much to be Thankful for tonight, in fact my list is overflowing!
Tonight I am Thankful For:
961. My hardworking husband. He takes his work seriously and provides for our every need. I love that he calls me during the day just to tell me that he loves me.
962. My college girl. She is always right there to encourage me, give me a hug or simply make me laugh. Sometimes, she laughs at me . . . but that is another story. She has always been Mama's girl and I hope that never changes. Hugs and a kiss on the cheek before bed each night - and an I Love You Mom before she heads to bed.
963. My oldest son. At age eleven, he is beginning to resemble a teenager. That boy stays up late and sleeps late in the mornings. He also gives me tender hugs and never ceases to tell me that he loves me.
964. My second oldest son. At ten years old, this boy is between the little boy stage and the almost a teen stage. He is always willing to help me, especially in the kitchen. This boy loves himself a cooking "class" and gets right in there up to his elbows if need be. He is still short enough to be able to lay his head on my shoulder and whisper, "I LOVE You Mommy" each day.
965. Number three in my line up of boys is trying to "find" himself. He is nine and at the stage of mischief and trying to be "big". This boy loves to play with his younger brother and they keep each other entertained for hours. He also likes to help in the kitchen and pretend that he is on "Chopped". Like the others, never a day goes by without me hearing "I Love You Mommy!" several times in a day.
966. The baby of the family, number four in the boy line up is seven. This boy is the comedian of the family. He is always up to one thing or another and loves to antagonize his older brothers. Our youngest also has a soft side and loves to snuggle. He also is a chatty Cathy which is fun as he can be so informative and witty. In true fashion, my Baby never ceases to tell me how much he loves me too. In fact, he loves to have little contests with me of who loves who more.
967. Then we have our furry babes . . . Emma, Mia, Beckett and Seeley Booth. Each of my furries have their own distinct personality and special traits. It doesn't matter whether we are inside or outside the furries want to be with us. Bedtime usually finds one or two in Randy and My bed, Mia in Katelyn's bed and Seeley Booth likes to roam the house. He is a good watch dog and lets us know if he hears something he doesn't like.
968. I am also thankful for my extended family . . . My Dad and Mom ~ they have given their children their all and raised them up in God's Word. They have instilled in each of us how to be adults, how to be loving and also Christlike. I have the best parents in the world and I am so Thankful to be able to pick up the telephone to talk to them. This past week I even stopped by their house late at night to drop of cinnamon bread. I tip toed down the hallway and climbed into bed with my Mom. I love that I surprised her and also that I didn't think twice about climbing into her bed to talk. My Dad chatted with Katelyn while she was waiting for me.
969. My Sisters - or maybe I should say "Partners in Crime!" We three girls can definitely get into mischief. I have the best Sisters in the World!!! I am thankful that we live close enough to visit one another and get together as we can. I love that I work with one of my sisters daily AND my Dad and Husband Too!
970. I am also thankful for my Brother. I am thankful that he is a strong Christian man that lovingly provides for his family. Although we don't get to visit as often as I would like, He is still a very special guy in my life.
I could go on and on . . .